The information on this page was collected from public resources.

What documents do I need to work in this country?

You will have the right to work as soon as you register your application for temporary protection with the police or a border control authority. During registration, the police or border control authority will provide you with a printed certificate proving your right to work. The certificate is called certificate of a pending application. Your right to work is unrestricted, meaning that you can find employment in any field. Keep the copy of the certificate you receive.

The decision on temporary protection will state that you have an unrestricted right to work. You will also receive a residence permit card stating that you have an unrestricted right to work.

Where can I search for a job?

You can find job postings online via such services as Jobs in Finland mceclip0.png and Tรถitรค Suomesta mceclip0.png.

Are there any services available to help me find a job?

You can register as a jobseeker at an Employment and Economic Development Office (TE Office) and access services that promote your employment. For more information on the right to work and on the employment services available, see the instructions mceclip0.png issued by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.

More information about working in Finland is also available here mceclip0.png.

Are there any diploma and professional equivalence programs? How and where do I apply?

You will need to have a recognition decision from the Finnish National Board of Education or another authority if you want to work in a regulated profession or hold a position that requires a higher education degree in Finland.

Finnish law does not require special training or a certain level of education for all types of professional activity. For example, an employer in the private sector independently assesses whether the education received abroad provides sufficient qualifications for work in a particular position.

The information on the recognition of international qualifications is available here mceclip0.png. The list of regulated professions in Finland can be found here mceclip0.png.