The information on this page was collected from public resources.

What childcare options are available for children who are not yet school-aged?

Children from 6 months to 3 years can be accepted to a nursery (ลผล‚obek); children from 3 years can be enrolled into kindergarten. You need to contact the kindergarten that is in your area. The director of kindergarten will make a decision to admit the child. If there are no vacancies, ask the gmina administration (Urzฤ…d gminy) to provide more information about other options. Official information is at mceclip0.png.

Parents of children attending daycare can receive monthly financial assistance in the amount of 400 zlotys. More information here mceclip0.png.

How do I enroll my child(ren) into school?

To enroll your cild into school you need:

  • Collect documents about the child's previous education (certificates etc). If you do not have them - write a statement with the school name that the child was attending and the total number of completed years;
  • Contact the Polish school of your choice and submit the application. The decision will be made by the school director;
  • If there is no space in the selected school, please contact the administration of the gmina where you live and ask them to help.

Education for children aged 7-18 in public schools is free. It is okay if the child doesn't know Polish language.
The school organizes additional free Polish language lessons. Students and their parents can count on psychological and pedagogical assistance related to moving the countries by psychologists, teachers and pedagogical therapists.

Check for more info via this phone: +22 34 74 708 and email: or visit the official website mceclip0.png.

Also, please check this online hub for children in 7-11 grades for home studies and additional resources. It does not replace the official school curriculum.

What happens if my kid gets sick?

You are entitled to get free medical care in any of the state hospitals.
You can also go to one of the private clinics that offers free support to those coming from Ukraine:
โ€ข Baby Clinic mceclip0.pngย in Wroclaw.
โ€ข Centrum Damiana mceclip0.pngย across Poland.
โ€ข Lux Med mceclip0.png across Poland.

Can I continue my university studies at another university? What documents do I need?

Yes, you can continue your studies at university. As each university has their own admission rules we recommend you to contact the desired university directly. You can be accepted to university without documents as well.

A list of Polish language programs can be found at: mceclip0.png.
A list of English language programs can be found at: mceclip0.png.
Information about the education system can be found at:ย mceclip0.png.

A project mceclip0.png to support Ukrainian youth has been launched in Poland. Young people from Ukraine can study at universities and reside in Poland for free on the condition of a combination of study and work.

Ukrainians from 18 to 25 years old who want to study at Polish universities or police schools can take part in the program. You can choose your own institution, field of study and form of study. Program participants will help with finding a job, as well as provide housing or compensation for rent, provide benefits for public transport, health insurance and a payment for the vacations in the amount of 1.8 thousand zlotys per year.

Both graduates of Ukrainian schools and students who are already studying in Poland can join the program. To participate in the project, you need to provide the appropriate documents (high school diploma or certificate from your university) and fill out an application form on the website mceclip0.png.

Pay attention! To clarify the details, you should contact the organizers of the program by phone: +48 664 554 324 or write to the email address:

Ukrainians who moved to Poland after February 24, 2022, and lost their educational document can obtain a European Qualification Passport (EQPR). The EQPR is a tool that facilitates the recognition of refugees' qualifications even in the absence of complete documentation. It also records the refugee's highest level of education, experience and language skills.

In addition, this document can be used by refugees who wish to pursue further education.

The document was created in order to:

  • provide an opportunity to continue the training started;
  • replace the lost documents confirming the following: 1. higher education; 2. vocational education; 3. complete secondary education; 4. training practice;
  • confirmation of language skills.

To apply for this document, you need to follow a few steps.

  1. create an account on this website mceclip0.png;
  2. fill in the profile questionnaire for the EQPR;
  3. apply for the document.

For more information on how to register for the European Qualification Passport, please refer to the special booklet mceclip0.png on the document (available in Ukrainian).

If you have any additional questions, you can get a consultation in Ukrainian by calling 451 058 653.

What languages do I need to speak to be able to study?

You can study in English or Polish. If you don't speak Polish you will be provided free language courses mceclip0.png.

Where can I pass my related language exams (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS)?

TOEFL test are here mceclip0.png;
IELTS test centers are here mceclip0.png.