The information on this page was collected from public resources.

What documents do I need to work in this country?

You don't need any specific documents to be able to work if you arrived to Poland after 24th of February, 2022. All the necessary formalities will be handled by your employer. Official information on employment is here mceclip0.png.

Poland is planning to amend the Special Law on assistance to citizens of Ukraine. According to the new rules, from 2023, all refugees must apply for a PESEL number.

Ukrainians who moved to Poland after February 24, 2022, and lost their educational document can obtain a European Qualification Passport (EQPR). The EQPR is a tool that facilitates the recognition of refugees' qualifications even in the absence of complete documentation. It also records the refugee's highest level of education, experience and language skills.

In addition, this document can be used by refugees who seek employment. The document was created to replace the lost documents confirming the following: 1. higher education; 2. vocational education; 3. complete secondary education; 4. training practice;

To apply for this document, you need to follow a few steps.

  1. create an account on this website mceclip0.png;
  2. fill in the profile questionnaire for the EQPR;
  3. apply for the document.

For more information on how to register for the European Qualification Passport, please refer to the special booklet mceclip0.png on the document (available in Ukrainian).

If you have any additional questions, you can get a consultation in Ukrainian by calling 451 058 653.

Where can I search for a job?
You can search for jobs on the following portals:

Poland has launched a state-owned website mceclip0.png with vacancies for the citizens of Ukraine. The portal will help you to find a job in your field, but for a comfortable posting, it is necessary to have a PESEL number.

Are there any services available to help me find a job?

You can contact the employment office which is near you, where an advisor will conduct an interview and try to determine your qualifications and will look for vacancies that match your experience.
You can also call the helpline of employment offices - Green Line - where you will get support on possible employment options. You can contact them from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. by calling 19524, writing to the chat or sending an e-mail to More details here mceclip0.png.

You can register with the employment office as unemployed here mceclip0.png and use all forms of support offered by the office, such as doing an internship, training, obtaining funds for opening a business.

Poland has launched a state-owned website mceclip0.png with vacancies for the citizens of Ukraine. The portal will help you to find a job in your field, but for a comfortable posting, it is necessary to have a PESEL number.

Are there any diploma and professional equivalence programs? How and where do I apply?

You don't need to go through the procedure of nostrification of the diploma. If you need information about a foreign diploma - apply to the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchanges here or you can check mceclip0.png the information using the Kwalifikator system mceclip0.png.

But if you still need to go through the procedure of nostrification of a diploma, you can read about it in detail here mceclip0.png.

Where can I get legal employment support?

The social impact campaign โ€œKnow Your Rights mceclip0.pngโ€ launched by the International Rescue Committee (IRC) increases awareness about employeesโ€™ rights among Ukrainian refugees in Poland with the aim to sensitize them about specificity of the Polish labour market, build their confidence during the job search and boost employability.

According to the IRCโ€™s labour market assessment conducted last year, 70% of the Ukrainian refugees interviewed identified finding a job as their most pressing need. As the war has no end in sight, people who have found safety in Poland still report that securing a sustainable source of income remains among their primary concerns today. At the same time, often unsatisfactory working conditions, which include salaries below the minimum wage, no contractual protection, unregulated work schedules, and in some cases missed payments or other forms of abuse, have been flagged as the top barriers preventing refugees from finding safe and stable employment in Poland. All these barriers are more amplified by the fact that most of the refugees from Ukraine are women, which makes the process of finding decent employment more challenging.

The need to find secure employment is crucial in light of the recent changes to the refugee hosting laws mceclip0.png, in place since March, as people fleeing Ukraine are now expected to cover part of their accommodation costs in the collective shelters. The IRC has warned that changes may impact the most vulnerable groups and result in premature returns amidst an unstable security situation, as well as force people to resort to unsafe employment, or other negative coping mechanisms, which may provide temporary means of survival but can seriously undermine peopleโ€™s long- term well-being or security.

The IRCโ€™s campaign will provide basic information on where to search for services, what types of contracts exist in Poland and what obligations an employer has to an employee and useful sources and contacts to gain additional information or legal assistance from partners we work with. We aim to reach Ukrainians in Poland but also those who are still in Ukraine but think about leaving the country, to enable them to make more informed decisions. To achieve that we engaged in cooperation with a number of Ukrainian opinion leaders to highlight both the details of the regulations, and stories of people who already operate within the existing legal frameworks.

More details on the website mceclip0.png.