The information on this page was collected from public resources.

Is there cash assistance available? Who is eligible? How does someone apply?

Yes. You can receive a one-time financial assistance of PLN 300 per person to cover the most urgent expenses.

You are eligible if you:

  • legally entered the territory of Poland directly from the territory of Ukraine after February 24, 2022;
  • declare your intention to remain in Poland;
  • have a PESEL number.

You can also receive 500 PLN monthly for every child you have below 18 (for that submit an application to ZUS โ€“ Zakล‚ad Ubezpieczeล„ Spoล‚ecznych, it can also be done online). For second or next child within age gap 12-36 month you can receive additional PLN 500-1000 up to the age 3 years (Kapitaล‚ Rodzinny Opiekuล„czy) Official information at mceclip0.png.

As a citizen of Ukraine, you can also check other social benefits that you may be eligible for. Check for more information here mceclip0.png and here mceclip0.png.

The international religious society, The Lutheran World Federation, offers Ukrainian refugees financial assistance in four Poland cities.

Available locations:

  • Gdansk โ€“ +48 794 324 029;
  • Bielsko-Biaล‚a - +48 731 776 735
  • Zgezh - +48 691 356 977;
  • Bytom - +48 884 720 619.

More information here mceclip0.png.

On July 1, applications for financial assistance for schoolchildren began to be accepted in Poland. The "Dobry start" program is a payment in the amount of 300 zlotys, which parents of schoolchildren receive once an hour to purchase school supplies and prepare for the new school year. Applications are accepted until November 30, but it is worth noting that after submitting the application, money will be transferred to the account within one or two months.

More information here mceclip0.png.

Citizens of Ukraine temporarily living in Poland and unable to pay for housing can ask for help from the Polish authorities. If you have already rented accommodation or are planning to do so, you can apply to participate in the program if you meet certain criteria.

Subsidies help to settle with the landlord, pay utility bills, and pay off administrative fees. You can apply for participation in the program if you rent or own real estate. Documentary proof of the lease or ownership is required.

More information here mceclip0.png.

How do I set up a bank account?

You can set a bank account in any bank in Poland. You can check out the different banks' offers here mceclip0.png.

How do I withdraw cash or exchange my currencies?

You can withdraw cash in any ATM or in your bank division. Hryvnia (UAH) can be exchanged in some currency exchange offices (kantor) or in PKO bank. An important point is that one person has a limit exchange of 10,000 hryvnia/day. Exchanges can only be made in person by persons over 18 years of age. The bank does not charge transaction fees.

How do I pay taxes in a country?

If you work based on employment contract (umowa o prace or umowa zlecenie) the taxes are paid directly by your employer. You only need to file annual tax declaration by 30 April for previous year (PIT). You can do it online. The situation is more complicated for private entrepreneurs (dziaล‚alnoล›ฤ‡ gospodarcza), since they must pay all taxes (PIT, VAT, ZUS) themselves calculated on the basis of income for each month. It is advisable to outsource taxes to accountants - widely done in Poland. Accountants speaking Ukrainian and Russian can be found in big cities, and the services can be performed online. More information can be found here mceclip0.png.

If I already work remotely, how should I pay my taxes?

Ukrainian refugees in Poland who work remotely may not pay taxes in that country, but instead, pay them in favor of Ukraine. This is stated in the letter from the Polish Ministry of Finance mceclip0.png.

How can I send money back to Ukraine?

All Polish banks can operate transfers to Ukrainian accounts without any issues. Alternatively, you can use online banks, like Revolut, Paypal, TransferWise.

IBOX terminals for replenishing cards of Ukrainian banks will appear in Poland.

With the help of the terminals, Ukrainian refugees in Poland will be able to:

  • Top up accounts on cards of domestic banks;
  • Make loan payments;
  • Pay for utility services;
  • Pay for Internet access and mobile services;
  • Top up electronic wallets and accounts on game accounts;
  • Buy tickets for travel.

More information here mceclip0.png.