The information on this page was collected from public resources.

Where can I go to find emergency/short-term housing?

The following sites will help you to find short-term/emergency housing:

More information available at Handbook Germany mceclip0.png.

Can I access public housing or housing provided by the state? How and where do I apply for public housing?

Yes. After your arrival, you will be directed to public emergency housing by the border authority.
Furthermore, there is a lot of public housing provided by the local authority districts (Kommunen: Stรคdte und Gemeinden). If they do not have the capacity, they can arrange for public housing provided by the respective federal state.
You should apply and register for public housing at the arrival centers (Ankunftszentren) or initial reception facilities (Erstaufnahmeeinrichtungen) of the federal state you are in.


More information at Germany4Ukraine mceclip0.png.

How do I find long term housing?

If you have a residence permit and wish to live in a private apartment, feel free to visit the links below. Please note that If you do not have your own money, the social welfare office will cover the costs of long term housing. However, the social welfare office will only pay the rental costs up to a certain amount varying city to city. Therefore, please visit your social welfare office before looking for an apartment.

Please visit this site mceclip0.png to know more about how you can rent an apartment.

If I am staying with friends and family in the long term, what documents do I need to fill out to make it official? How can I obtain proof of residency?

You would need to register at a reception facility (Aufnahmeeinrichtung) or with the local foreigners office (Auslรคnderbehรถrde). You will get proof of arrival (Ankunftsnachweis) or call-up certificate (Anlaufbescheinigung), and may be granted a residence permit. More information can be found here mceclip0.png.