The information on this page was collected from public resources.

What documents do I need to work in this country?

You are allowed to work if you have applied for or already received a residence permit (Aufenthaltstitel or Fiktionsbescheinigung) that indicates your permission to work.

You do not need to apply for another work permit with another authority, as Foreigners Authority permits paid employment on the residence permit.

Employers who accept illegal workers to avoid paying taxes and social contributions. That is why punishment for illegal work will be borne not only by the employee, but also by the employer.

The employer can be imprisoned for up to 5 years, and the employee will be forced to pay a fine of up to 5,000 euros if he works without the appropriate permit. More information here mceclip0.png.

Where can I search for a job?

More information about job search in Germany can be found at the "Job Hunting and Application" mceclip0.png of Handbook Germany.

There are also some platforms specifically for people from Ukraine looking for work in the EU:

You can find mentors to help you find a job at mceclip0.png, mceclip0.png, mceclip0.png. They speak English and German.
You can also call the Employment Agency mceclip0.png and seek advice before receiving a residence permit. The staff speak Ukrainian and Russian and can be reached at 0911-178 7915 - they are available Monday to Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Friday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. You can also seek advice in German by calling 0800 โ€“ 4555500.

Workeer mceclip0.png is a job platform on which thousands of companies willing to hire refugees are active. You can create a profile in just a few minutes so that the employers can contact you or apply directly for open job positions. Alternatively, you can contact initiatives that can support you in job hunting and answer your questions. The website is in German, but you can use Google Translate to benefit from it in your language.

Are there any services available to help me find a job?

The first point of contact for job hunting is your local Employment Agency mceclip0.png in your area. There, you can register as a job seeker and benefit from their assistance and advice.
The Federal Employment Agency (Agentur fรผr Arbeit) mceclip0.png provides support in finding a job in Germany. In addition, Federal Employment Agency has compiled information for Ukrainian refugees in the Ukrainian language here mceclip0.png.

For more information please visit Handbook Germany mceclip0.png.

Several sites and platforms for finding formal jobs:

You can also search for a job on social networks such as Linkedin mceclip0.png and Xing mceclip0.png.

In order to find a job, Ukrainians need to speak German. Currently, it is possible to attend free state language courses mceclip0.png. You can also use free apps or online resources such as Babbel mceclip0.png, Jicki mceclip0.png, Hallo mceclip0.png.

Are there any diploma and professional equivalence programs? How and where do I apply?

To work according to your specialization you may need to have your Ukrainian education and qualifications recognized in Germany. The correspondence of professional education documents to similar German ones must be confirmed by the competent authority in Germany that deals with the recognition of professional education. More information here mceclip0.png.

You can get a free consultation on qualification recognition at the German Advisory Center mceclip0.png or at the hotline +49 30 1815 - 1111 (Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 16:00).

For vocational training, you can apply directly with a company. Federal Employment Agency mceclip0.png provides support for people looking for a job or a training opportunity,

On mceclip0.png, mceclip0.png you can search for a vocational training position.