The information on this page was collected from public resources.

How to report the fact of damage/destruction of housing?

There are two ways to do this:

  • via โ€œDiiaโ€ (in the application or on the website);
  • in person (at the Administrative Services Center).

Only the owner of the apartment can submit an application. Submission algorithm:

  • open โ€œDiiaโ€;
  • select the section โ€œservicesโ€ and โ€œdamaged propertyโ€;
  • fill out the form (indicate all the necessary information, add the data about the object, photo/video of the damage and contacts).

If your property is in the State Register of Property Rights to Immovable Property, its information will be retrieved automatically in the โ€œDiiaโ€ application. Then all you need to do is to select from the menu which property is damaged.

What is the procedure for submitting the application for compensation?

Currently, registered draft Law No.7198 mceclip0.png, which provides for a compensation mechanism for damaged and destroyed property. But it should be noted that the draft law has not yet been adopted and is under consideration by the Verkhovna Rada.

The procedure is described in Article 3 of the draft Law mceclip0.png.

The application for the compensation is submitted to the Commission for consideration of compensation issues based at the location of destroyed and damaged property. It is assumed that the application is submitted during martial law and within 90 calendar days from its termination date.

1. The application for compensation may be submitted:

  • Online on the Unified State Web Portal of Electronic Services, as well as via the application of the Unified State Web Portal of Electronic Services - by a citizen of Ukraine;
  • In paper form at the Center for the provision of administrative services, bodies of social protection of the population or a notary.

One of the following documents must be added to the application, depending on the case:

  • a document confirming ownership (proof of ownership);
  • a document confirming investing and funding the construction;
  • a document confirming the death of the owner;
  • a document confirming membership in a housing cooperative and purchase of the apartment;
  • a document confirming the right to priority compensation.

After the adoption and entry into force of the law, special commissions will be created to draw up inspection reports of the house/apartment. The commissions will be created based on the location of the destroyed or damaged property.

If the property is severely damaged, the local government can involve the experts to draw up a report on whether the housing can be used in the future.

After that, the application is registered at the Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property.

How long do you have to wait for compensation?

There is no official information on this yet because the draft law mceclip0.png has not yet been adopted.

However, the procedure of reporting the damage/destruction of property is immediate. After that, the verification process begins. The draft law provides that the commission should consider the application for no longer than 30 calendar days.

To whom and for what will compensation be paid?

According to the draft law, Ukrainian citizens who are owners of damaged or destroyed property, invested in construction, are members of housing cooperatives, or heirs of all the mentioned persons will be able to receive compensation. Also, housing cooperatives, managers of apartment buildings and cooperatives. Compensation will be received on a first-come, first-served basis. But the priority recipients of such payments will be large families, people with disabilities groups I and II, combatants and people with disabilities due to war.

Important: nonresidential property, cars, or household items (even if they were in a residential building) do not qualify for compensation.

What is the method of obtaining compensation and the payment amount?

According to Article 4 of the draft law mceclip0.png, there are several ways to receive this compensation:

  • in the form of cash (they will be transferred to your current account - with a special mode of use for these purposes);
  • in the form of payment to finance the construction of new housing;
  • in the form of financing the restoration of damaged property.

The amount of compensation will depend on the value of the home and the extent of its damage.

If the compensation is in the form of housing construction financing, then you can only count on compensation within the size of โ€‹โ€‹the destroyed property (maximum size is up to 150 square meters). Those who lost larger property and want to restore it to its original size will have to pay for extra square meters above the norm.

Is preferential crediting available to people who have lost their homes?

Yes, it is available. This option available with the program initiated by the president - eOselia mceclip0.png.

What is โ€œeOseliaโ€?

eOselia mceclip0.png is a new affordable mortgage program initiated by the President of Ukraine. The program aims to give Ukrainians loans for housing at a low-interest rate and long term.

Military personnel, law enforcement officers, doctors, educators and scientists can participate in the program. The most preferential loan conditions are provided for them - a 3% rate for up to 20 years with a downpayment of 20%.

The second stage of the program is planned to launch this year. Under this program, other Ukrainians can get loans at a 7% rate per annum.

How and where to apply for a housing loan under the โ€œeOseliaโ€ program?

You can submit an application via the โ€œDiiaโ€ app.

The application will be considered within three days.

In the application, you must specify the following:

  • marital status;
  • data of the other spouse;
  • the number of children under 18;
  • average monthly income of the family.

It is also necessary to clarify the data about the desired housing and the bank. In one application, you can choose only one bank from the list: Oschadbank, Privatbank, Ukrgasbank, "Globus Bankโ€ and Sky Bank.

Then you must wait for a response with the bank's offer and further instructions within 24 hours.

Next stage: Choosing the housing. You will need to collect the documents and submit them to the bank. After that, sign a contract for the purchase of housing and a contract for a mortgage.

The area of โ€‹โ€‹housing for which you can take a loan depends on the size of the family. One person is entitled to an apartment with an area of up to 52.5 square meters. An additional 21 square meters are allowed for each subsequent family member.

Under the terms of the program, you can look for housing both among the primary and secondary housing markets. An apartment in an apartment building must be put into operation no more than ten years before the date of signing of the contract if such a real estate object is located in the regional center.

How can IDPs find free shelter in the western regions?

The Ministry of Reintegration has shared the telephone numbers of the hotlines that provide advice on free settlement in the western regions.


LVIV REGION: within the Lviv region, call the short number 112, if in the territory of other regions: (032) 259-60-31

CHERNIVTSI REGION: 0 800 335 047

VOLYN REGION: (066) 657-09-15, (033) 277-82-11

TERNOPIL REGION: 0 800 335 975


RIVNE REGION: (098) 505-83-25, (097) 008-81-91

Compensation for destroyed and damaged dwellings

The other day, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy signed the Law introducing the possibility of compensation for destroyed and damaged housing. The Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine informed about this.

In accordance with the Law, compensation for destroyed and damaged property can be received by:

  • owners of apartments, other residential premises, private houses, garden houses and country houses;
  • customers of the construction of private, garden and country houses (natural persons);
  • physical persons who invested or financed the construction;
  • members of housing cooperatives who bought housing, but did not issue ownership rights to it;
  • the heirs of the above mentioned persons.

Compensation can be given in two ways:

  1. Housing certificate for the amount of compensation, confirming the state guarantee of financing the purchase of an apartment or other residential premises within the amount of compensation (for owners of destroyed apartments and other residential premises in the building). It is possible to use the certificate and buy a new home within 5 years.
  2. At the request of the owner of the destroyed private residential building, monetary compensation is possible by transferring it to the current account of the recipient of compensation with a special mode of use for financing the construction of the house.

It will be possible to submit an application for compensation through Diia, Tsnap, social security agencies or a notary. Decisions on compensation will be made by local self-government bodies, which will create the appropriate Commissions for consideration of issues related to compensation. These commissions will consider the applications, conduct an inspection of the destroyed housing and determine the compensation amount. The amount of compensation will be calculated in accordance with a special methodology that is currently being developed by the Government.

Information source: